Vice President - Private Equity (CT)
Vice President – Private Equity
(Hartford, CT Area)
- Assisting in the fundamental due diligence and analytical efforts of more senior professionals in the course of the investment process.
- Managing and reviewing the work of Senior Associates and Associates as well as leading transaction teams throughout the entire transaction process.
- Developing and demonstrating an ability to consistently represent the firm in the global investment community including representing the Firm outside of the office at annual meetings, conferences, and other events.
- Generating attractive business development opportunities for the Firm.
- Analytical activities, including:
- Designing and creating new valuation and investment models based on communicated concepts.
- Designing and creating new spreadsheet-based analytical tools based on communicated concepts.
- Due diligence activities, including:
- Investment research and analysis including synthesis and summary
- Organizing all due diligence materials and investment thesis
- Reviewing and overseeing junior team members’ due diligence activities
- Guidance and leadership with the Partner group during the investment process, including preparation of reports, schedules, and final presentation materials as well as negotiations with counterparties and discussions with the investment committee.
- Leading during the closing process, including the preparation and confirmation of schedules and other related materials.
- Communicating positions and supporting facts to the investment team and/or investment committee.
- Developing capital and transaction origination discussions for the Firm.
- B.S. in related field and MBA preferred.
- A minimum of four to five years of work experience in private equity or investment banking (or other investment-related roles) is required.
- Ability to execute against firm, often short-term, deadlines and manage multiple projects.
- Aptitude for applying financial accounting, corporate finance, business analysis, and report writing to create and deliver valuation solutions.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to handle and thrive with increased independence and managerial responsibilities.