VP of Finance
One Penn Plaza, Suite 3905 New York, NY 10119
We are looking for a VP of Finance all financial needs of the company. Our businesses include consulting, real estate development and retail software sales. A tremendous amount can be learned from handling the financials of these varying lines of business. This is an excellent opportunity to establish and streamline the financial processes necessary for us to grow from 35 to at least 70 people in the next one to two years. This position will be key in ensuring that growth and the success of the company.
The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of business finance and operations and want a C-level position fully responsible for the financial planning, reporting and risk management of a rapidly growing company.
- Review preliminary invoices for appropriate labor, expense charges, billing rates, and fee maximums, and make appropriate changes and reclassifications;
- Manage staff accountant, bookkeeper and office manager;
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place to protect the firm’ s assets and to generate an appropriate return on projects;
- Ensure that appropriate financial management techniques, tools and resources are utilized in order to achieve or exceed the project’ s stated financial goals;
- Monitor the progress of projects, investigating variances, approving expenses, and ensuring project billings are issued to clients and payments are collected;
- Manage communication with clients regarding the status of outstanding invoices, invoice approvals and ultimate collection;
- Manage Staff accountant to review and analyze the contract and financial condition of each project on a monthly basis and advise project managers;
- Work with partners and project managers assisting in fee and expense analysis, and tracking project performance and profitability;
- Report on financials weekly and on financial planning (accrual and cash) monthly, including advising partners of any significant issues;
- Serve as banking liaison managing all company loans, LOC, investments, mortgages and construction loans;
- Serve as tax liaison, communicating with outside accountants for annual financial statement and tax returns;
- Manage Employee Benefit Plans (Serve as 401k liaison, etc.);
- Execute various ad-hoc analyses and special projects as assigned.