Special Projects Manager
4611 12th Ave, Suite 1L Brooklyn, NY 11219 US
Senior Project Manager
Owner/Operator of commercial and residential assets in NYC/NJ Senior Project Manager. The Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for running all capital improvement and renovation projects. The SPM will be responsible for all phases of projects, from the planning and budgeting stages through to completion of multiple projects in residential and commercial buildings in NYC and NJ.
- Develop and track annual and 5-year capital expenditure (CapEx) plans
- Devise and implement budgets for all capital improvements, including elevator modernizations, cooling tower upgrades, lobby redesigns, amenities space redesigns and retrofits, boiler conversions, roof deck upgrades, sidewalk and window replacements, Local Law 11 façade work and other projects
- Coordinate and supervise commercial buildouts with tenants, leasing brokers, architects, engineers, property managers, building managers and other professionals
- Generate innovative repair solutions and skilled at value engineering projects
- Bid, negotiate, and award contracts for major and minor projects
- Schedule and manage subcontractors and equipment
- Provide strong field management
- Supervise upgrades to residential amenity spaces, including laundry facilities, children’s playrooms, tenant lounges, fitness centers and roof decks
- Mentor in-house Property Managers in capital improvement projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction management, Civil/Structural Engineering, or a related field.
- 8+ years of experience in Construction Project Management. Blueprint reading (architectural/mechanical), drafting, space planning.
- Must have a proven track record in executing numerous capital improvement projects and be able to supervise and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in Architecture or Engineering is a plus.
- Knowledge of NYC building codes, DOB permitting process, energy guidelines.
- Aptitude and knowledge of Mechanical Systems.
- Proficiency in Excel, CAD, and other industry software.
- Strong supervisory, organizational, and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Assertive and highly motivated.