Senior Tax-Financial Accountant
15 East 62nd Street New York, NY 10065-7204
Senior Tax/Financial Accountant, Family Office
Manhattan family office established in 1998 seeks talented CPA with strong tax and general accounting skills gained through experience in public accounting or a similar position at a family office. The family office provides a full range of accounting and tax services to a highly respected, philanthropic Family dedicated to preserving and further building upon a multi-generational family legacy. The successful candidate will have substantial direct interaction with the Family Member who heads one branch of the Family, the Executive Committee, as well as with expert legal, investment and tax advisors.
- Prepare financial information and work papers for full cycle tax filings (individuals, trusts) and other tax planning matters.
- Liaise with outside tax accountants, legal advisors and trustees.
- Prepare projections on a quarterly basis to determine estimated tax payments.
- Review tax notices and outstanding tax refunds and take appropriate action.
- Review final tax deliverables and present for discussion with Family Member.
As part of the team, the successful Senior Accountant will be responsible for assuring timely and accurate financial reports, analyses, and bank transactions. This includes:
- Administering bank and investment transactions.
- Reviewing and monitoring bank accounts and reconciling bank statements.
- Processing household payrolls.
- Monitoring cash and investment portfolios; providing analyses and reports to Family Member.
- Reviewing/processing accounts payable, including analysis of vendor invoices.
- Regularly and effectively communicate workflow and project status to Family Member.
- Coordinate annual philanthropy with Family Member and outside organizations.
- Manage vendor relationships and organization of general files.
- Stay alert to issues of concern and communicate to Executive Director and Family Member.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of processes, best practices and reporting.
- Bachelor’ s degree; CPA with 8-12 years' experience in individual and trust taxation in public accounting, supplemented by accounting experience at a family office or corporation.
- Experience in implementing and monitoring effective cash management strategies.
- Self-motivated, mature, confident, excellent judgment, flexible, well organized.
- Willingness to roll up one’ s sleeves to do whatever is needed to get the job done.
- Transparent, clear communicator, diplomatic.
- Able to handle competing priorities and establish deadlines.
- Highest degree of integrity and discretion, sense of humor.
- Expert in Microsoft Office suite (primarily Excel) QuickBooks Pro Desktop. Experience with implementing accounting systems and document management a plus.