Senior Property Manager
One Penn Plaza, Suite 3905 New York, NY 10119
This is a critical, high-profile role which requires a level of aptitude in all aspects of property operations, including maintenance, security, leasing, rent collection, financial reporting, tenant relations, etc.
- Planning, controlling and directing the day to day operations of the property; and for maintaining effective and harmonious resident and owner relations.
- The purpose of this position is to meet the financial objectives of the ownership and management; to protect the value and integrity of the real estate; and to be responsive to all applicable government agency standards and requirements.
- High degree of integrity and skills including communication, computer literacy, and building operations is essential. Enjoy excellent compensation in a great working environment.
- On-site experience with HOME Program (or LIHTC) affordable housing portfolios at least 500 units in size
- Knowledge of both NYCHA and HPD Section 8 tenant qualifications and procedures.
- Experience with Section 8 Housing Quality Standards apartment inspections.
- Knowledge of NYC Multiple Dwelling Laws, and previous experience with implementation of preventative maintenance strategies.
- Knowledge of Housing Court proceedings and the eviction process.
- Experience with court depositions and other situation where testimonies will be required.
- Understand the account receivables and interpret tenant accounts for retroactive payments.
- Experience with recording tenant related incidents and following up on complaints and prepare written correspondence.
- Familiar with government and private agency intervention as it relates to special needs populations and the elderly. Organizations such as JASA, ACD, Victims of Domestic Violence Resources, Veteran Associations.
- Ability to be responsive to crisis situations at night and weekends and coordinate communications with upper management.
- Knowledge of building safety requires and the ability to document and correct abusive damage performed by tenant population.
- Previous experience with evaluating older building structures and tenant related repairs.
- Ability to multi-task and apply critical thinking skills to achieve resolutions.
- Ability to interface with Maintenance and Security Departments.
- Ability to be a team player with local and regional staff members.
- The physical ability to walk several flights of stairs daily.
- Knowledge of NYC Sanitation Recycling Laws, Department of Buildings required posting of documents.
- Spanish language communication skills are a plus.
- Understanding of Rent Stabilization Laws
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, Yardi Voyager, Excel, Outlook, Word, experience a plus