Senior Property Manager
124 9th Street Brooklyn, NY 11215 US
Brooklyn-based Real Estate Investment firm is seeking a Senior Property Manager to manage its growing portfolio of multifamily and mixed-use properties in NYC. This position requires strategic oversight of multiple properties, ensuring operational excellence, tenant satisfaction, and financial success. The role is ideal for a seasoned professional seeking to make a significant impact in a dynamic, growth-oriented environment.
- Communicate clearly and often with the asset management team and lead coordination and division of responsibilities amongst members of the property management team.
- Provide customer service, address tenant inquiries and maintenance requests, and foster a responsive environment. Create and maintain systems and processes that do the same.
- Manage building superintendents and service request lines.
- Ensure all tenant requests and building issues are addressed quickly and efficiently.
- Collect and record rent payments ensuring delinquencies are kept to a minimum, payments are on time, monitoring expenses and administering property budgets.
- Solicit and level bids, oversee vendor performance and manage relationships.
- Maintain a network of reliable and cost-efficient service providers.
- Schedule and oversee maintenance and repairs, ensuring safety and compliance.
- Track and calendar lease expiration dates, preparing new and renewal lease agreements, screening tenants and maintaining accurate lease files and tenant records.
- Ensure compliance with legal obligations, maintaining accurate legal records and handling disputes.
- Register properties with applicable agencies, ensuring timely compliance with applicable codes.
- Monitor and address violations promptly via third party monitoring and city agency online portals.
- Prepare and provide regular status and progress reports on property operations and performance to asset management
- Minimum of 5-7 years of property management experience, preferably in the NYC market.
- Proven track record in property management, business acumen, and technological proficiency.
- Ability to bring a network of vendors and contacts
- Able to multitask and prioritize
- High integrity and team oriented
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking, negotiation, and communication skills.