Senior Bookkeeper/Data Management/Administrator
One Penn Plaza, Suite 3905 New York, NY 10119
Senior Bookkeeper/Data management/Administrator, Family Office
Manhattan family office established in 1998 seeks talented multi-tasker with bookkeeping and problem- solving skills. The family office provides a full range of financial and tax services to a highly respected, philanthropic Family dedicated to preserving and further building upon a multi-generational family office. The successful candidate will have substantial direct interaction with the Family Member who heads one branch of the Family.
- Coordinate the development and organization of general files and archives including paper documents and electronic files and maintain records on an ongoing basis.
- Accounts payable:
- Receive and sort bills for payment;
- Track and maintain Excel historical schedules for selected expenses;
- Reconcile credit card statements;
- Analyze and categorize expenses;
- Organize invoices and checks for presentation to Family Member for signature;
- Handle inquiries from vendors.
- Reconcile monthly bank and brokerage statements, assist Senior Accountant in updating financial reports.
- Support Family Members including:
- Preparation of letters and memoranda for signature;
- Communications with vendors and service providers;
- Maintain personal and professional memberships and subscriptions;
- Schedule and coordinate property maintenance;
- Family travel;
- Organize and execute other Family Member requests and projects as needed.
- Assist accounting staff with payroll, schedules related to tax filings, reporting and other items. Candidate profile
- Undergraduate degree in business/accounting.
- 8-12 years of work experience in a client-facing position for a senior executive or at a family office.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, transparent.
- Personable, confident, sound judgment, loyal, patient, sense of humor, flexible.
- Highest degree of integrity and discretion.
- Professional, articulate, extremely well organized, clear, productive, self-starter.
- Ability to work evenings 2-3 times a month; ability to travel to CT 1-3 times a month.
- Experience in use of document management systems; set-up experience a plus.
- Expert at Excel, Word, Outlook, QuickBooks Pro desktop.