One Penn Plaza, Suite 3905 New York, NY 10119
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT/ASSISTANT CONTROLLER
- Preparation of the annual budget and a monthly comparison of actual to budgeted analysis with explanations for significant variances
- Researching alternative software packages
- Tracking lease renewals
- Follow up of on accounts receivable and collections
- Oversee the benefits administration and human resources
- Entering and assume responsibility for all books of original entry and supervise associate staff accountant for all satellite companies.
- Enter and assume responsibility for the general ledger and all recurring entries and adjustments determined by management to be required.
- Auditing deposits for all entities
- Reporting to outsourced vendor for processing of all approved recurring payroll and other forms of compensation, review reports, distribute and/or mail earning statements, and enter data in accounting system.
- Reviewing all periodic payroll tax returns and annual payroll related compliance forms prepared by outsourced vendor
- Preparing monthly reconciliations for all bank and brokerage accounts.
- Preparing monthly working trial balances
- Preparing monthly cash flow analysis
- Preparing and processing of all tax forms 1099-MISC, 1099-INT for all entities annually
- Supervising and processing of enrollments, terminations, elections of health insurance and compliance with labor laws
- Preparation of analysis of commercial property and general liability insurance policies to assist with annual renewals
- Preparation of analysis to assist management in the review of annual NYC tax assessments
- Preparation and processing of quarterly estimated taxes
- Functioning as the liaison to the external accountants
- Preparation of analysis to assist Management in the issuance of rental billings
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years of Accounting Experience (Real Estate experience preferred)
- Must be highly computer literate in Excel and accounting software packages
- Strong, concise written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, multi-task and work independently
- Experience working in a closely held business, preferably a family owned business