820 Thieriot Avenue Bronx, NY 10473 US
Growing NY based Property Management firm looking for a Property Manager to manage and maintain an affordable housing property in the Bronx. The Property Manager will interact with tenants, handling a variety of management issues, including collections, lease administration and complaints. The Property Manager will also ensure proper and timely maintenance of the property itself via visual inspections and coordination with the maintenance staff.
- Manage resident community needs in accordance with Fair Housing guidelines
- Oversee and manage day-to-day operations of the property including office and maintenance team
- Work in conjunction with maintenance staff on the administration of work order requests, including entering work orders into Yardi, dispatching to staff, monitoring completion, and following up to ensure resident satisfaction
- Ensure on-time collection and completion of all annual resident certifications
- Monitor all violations (HPD, DOB, FDNY) utilizing Jack Jaffa and work with the maintenance team and senior management to resolve, preparing necessary paperwork and/or completing e-certification to clear violations. Track status of all open violations.
- Process new move-in packages
- Responsible for ensuring the office, community spaces and vacant ready apartments are market ready. Must have an awareness of the curb appeal of the property.
- Thorough knowledge of lease terms, specifications and all community policies.
- Must strictly observe Company policy on delinquent rents and other non-compliant lease violations. Process evictions in accordance with Federal, State, and local laws. Process all site write-offs in timely manner accordance with company policy.
- Oversee the resident move-in and move-out process. Responsible for all unit inspections including unit move-ins, and move-outs. Prepare move-out reports including assessment of damages and fees for the Accountant to utilize in performing deposit accounting.
- Responsible for proper preservation of all resident and property files.
- Accountable for collection of rents and all monies on site including scanning of checks via Yardi and bank deposits
- Review aged receivables report regularly and follow up with residents on outstanding balances; coordination with outside legal counsel as needed with approval from senior management
- Report any unusual circumstances, property loss or liability related incidents and work-related injuries involving the residents, property or personnel to senior management immediately.
- Conduct physical inspections of the property and directly supervise the service, grounds and maintenance personnel through the property Superintendent. Together with the Maintenance Director, responsible for generating the preventive maintenance schedule for the maintenance staff.
- Assist the Superintendent and maintenance team with conducting annual unit inspections to ensure compliance with all agency regulatory standards;
- Review all invoices for the site and approves or rejects in accordance with proper GL coding, annual budget, and confirmation of work completion
- Assist senior management staff with preparation of monthly financial variance reports
- 2+ years of experience in property management, including experience with various Affordable Housing programs (Section 8, LIHTC, 236 Mitchell-Lama)
- Knowledgeable in and compliant with all local, state and federal regulations governing the property including landlord/tenant regulations.
- Previous supervisory experience (office and maintenance staff)
- Understanding of annual certification process and procedures
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
- Yardi software experience a plus
- Experience working with unions is a plus
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work both independently and with a team
- Must be able to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- High School diploma OR GED; Some college, preferred