The Quest Organization https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/62493/logos/questorg-hml.png http://www.questorg.com http://www.questorg.com USD 115000 YEAR true
767 Third Avenue , 31st Floor New York, NY 10017 US
Posted: 10/28/2022 2022-10-28 2023-04-26 Industry: Senior Property Accountant Job Number: 4476 Pay Rate: 115,000
The Property Controller is responsible for overseeing the general accounting functions for multiple commercial Class A office properties across New York City. This role is heavily involved in month end reporting, mid-year reforecasts and the annual budget process for the properties assigned. The position interacts regularly with onsite Property Management staff, as well as other departments.
- Perform monthly and annual closings, including preparation of the monthly reporting package.
- Prepare all monthly work papers and actual to budget variance reports.
- Prepare year-end audit work papers and assist outside auditors.
- Prepare year end true ups for billing of operating, real estate and other escalations.
- Assist with the preparation of all financial debt compliance required by lenders.
- Coordinate loan draws and bank funding, if applicable for assigned properties.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly sales tax returns.
- Preparation of annual real estate tax certiorari filings.
- Assist in preparation of annual and long-term budgets and reforecasts.
- Preparation of year-end financial statements.
- Provide financial data support to all other departments on an ongoing basis.
- Interact with property personnel and building ownership.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 2-5+ years of commercial real estate accounting experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Proficient with Yardi Voyager software.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Must pay attention to details.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced, ever-changing work environment.
- Big 4 accounting experience a plus.