250 W 55th St New York, NY 10019
- Responsible for the day-to-day monthly and quarterly property accounting and reporting for a residential property portfolio.
- Preparation of monthly Income Statements and Variance Reports.
- Assist in preparation of audit workpapers. Analysis and reconciliation of the accounts.
- General Ledger/Journal Entry input and reconciliation to sub-ledgers.
- Maintain schedules including fixed assets, amortization, escrows, accruals, and pre-paid schedules.
- Monthly Accruals.
- Scan GL for miscoding and inconsistencies.
- Obtain draw request information for escrow/reserve drawdown.
- Assist with Budget/Reforecast preparation. Input/Import of Budget Data into Yardi.
- Prepare bank reconciliation of all cash accounts, including reserve accounts.
- Prepare annual TC201s and RPIEs as required.
- Gather lease information necessary to calculate Real Estate Tax escalations, CPI escalations and other escalations.
- Review tenant billings for accuracy. Ensure that charges are appropriate.
- Review and account for construction activity and capital improvements.
- Track monthly utility expense.
- Ensure compliance with reporting deadlines on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Assist on various projects as required.
- A bachelor' s degree in accounting.
- Candidate should have a minimum of three years of experience in residential real estate accounting – affordable housing knowledge a plus.
- Commercial real estate experience with GAAP accounting is preferred.
- Position requires both verbal and written interaction within all levels of company, in addition to contact with third parties.
- Candidate should be organized, able to prioritize and work under pressure and be aware of deadlines.
- Proficiency in Excel and General Ledger/Property Management Software Program is required, Yardi Voyager is a plus