120 Terminal Drive Plainview, NY 11803 US
The Production Engineer is the main contact towards the suppliers and works as part of the business team together with the supplier to develop and secure the production process, handling of quality deviations, and secure compliance to all company requirements.
- Develop new manufacturing processes, and equipment to ensure manufacturing is efficient and effective.
- Investigate and analyze problems and derive solutions in the manufacturing process.
- Transfer R&D prototypes into series production phase and document the manufacturing processes.
- Perform and create First Article Inspection Documents.
- Perform Product audits and production risk assessments at suppliers
- Lead the Supplier Development for quality and manufacturing with responsibility to identify and implement actions and execution of SDP projects.
- Lead industrialization of minor news development and contribute with competence to other new developments.
- Evaluate potential new supplier’s production facilities and quality systems, understands holistic picture across the globe
- Have the interest and drive to build trust and partnership to reach common goals.
- Good knowledge of companies’ requirements, standards, and test methods
- Experience with New Product development, Sensory and laboratory testing
- Leads new product implementation in production
- Able to assess manufacturing process and packaging line efficiencies.
- Knowledge about Total Quality Management - University degree in Electrical Engineering
- Previous experience as Process or Production Engineer in manufacturing
- Occasional travel required (15% or less).
- Experience of industrial production conditions
- Experience to work in production with a process-oriented environment
- Good knowledge about continuous improvements
- Project Management skills