Portfolio Leasing Manager
77 Park Street Montclair, NJ 07042
Oversee a team of leasing staff responsiblefor managing the day-to-day leasing operations for the company' s portfolio.
- Report to Director of Leasing & Compliance
- Own the application to Move-in experience including on-line application process, wait list management, adherence to selection policy, market rate approvals, and processes of applications and move-ins timely
- Review rent increases and submit to Upper Management if reductions are to be considered
- Track all lease renewals in Yardi and review for accuracy prior to distribution ensuring that all allowable maximum increases are applied to the properties
- Process renewals for all bulk subsidy contracts(i.e. PBV, sec 8 & 811)
- Track and follow up with Section 8 rent increases / portion letters
- Oversee lease-ups throughout the portfolio and ensure a smooth transition to permanent operations.
- Assist in setting up temporary and permanent offices
- Collect leasing efforts and report weekly to Directors and Upper Management.
- Communicate with site staff on a regular basis
- Conduct on-site visits in order to evaluation performance of staff, appearance of office and application experience
- Work alongside Compliance Officer in order to improve upon current practice while protecting tax credits.
- Maintain a minimum of 97.5% occupancy across the portfolio.
- Lease-ups: Affordable units leased within 90 days of ready date. Market units to be complete with 150 days of ready date.
- Ensure all move-ins and rent charges are accurate in Yardi and submitted to adjustments to accounting/billing agent within the allotted time frame
- Spearhead bringing application process on-line within 6 months
- Set up quarterly trainings - ensuring staff isaware of current policies, procedures, review obstacles on-site and supplying tools to make them more successful.
- 3-5 years managing a multi-site team of 5+
- Bachelor’ s Degree or Equivalent
- Proficiency in Yardi
- Experience working with all income populations
- Working knowledge of Low Income Housing Tax Credits, Section 8 and Rent Control
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations relevant to affordable housing
- Certified tax credit professional a plus
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Tech savvy with ability to learn new programs quickly and able to troubleshoot common issues