250 West 55th Street, 35th Floor New York, NY 10019
Legal Administrator Job Description:
1. Management liaison with 3rd party Law Firms.
a. Updates law firms of all potential hold-over and non-prime cases
b. Run monthly arrears reports for new rent demands.
c. Maintain monthly report on all outstanding severed rents & fees, legal cases
d. Manage all collections of past tenants.
e. Ensure all affidavits are signed by the appropriate parties and send them back to the case Attorneys
f. Gather and provide all necessary documents for DHCR complaints/cases
g. Track warrants and evictions
h. Review dispossess reports and proceed accordingly
i. Track all DHPD orders and imposed fines, send a payment request to compliance and ensure they are paid in a timely fashion
j. Attend court proceedings when required
2. Review monthly attorney bills for any discrepancies; account review and validation of charges.
3. Provide full name/addresses/DOB/SSN to compliance for a background check for all potential non-primes.
4. Prepare surrender agreements for move out inspections
5. Assist the Tenant Liaison Specialist with any arrears related questions/issues
6. Update court disposition on Yardi with any relevant court dates
7. Court Stipulations
a. Upload and attach the tenant files on Yardi
b. Update tenant record on Yardi
8. Update PM via email with any repair’ s requests and access dates from court stipulations
9. Update tenant’ s status on Yardi:
a. Upon receiving notice of non-renewal
b. After signing surrender agreements and moving out.
10. Submit tenants’ files to collections weekly after move out
11. Upload a copy of the security deposit check onto the tenant profiles on Yardi
- 12. Input quick charges on Yardi for the maintenance departments
· 3 years’ experience
· Knowledge of section 8 and low-income housing
· Yardi experience
· Strong excel able to create and update spreadsheets
Knowledge of Accounts Receivable