One Penn Plaza New York, NY 10119 US
General Manager, Southern California
Report Directly to President
The nation’s leading storage and services provider for art, archives, and collectibles seeks a seasoned General Manager, Southern California to join its dynamic and growing team. Reporting to the President & COO, this position will play a key role, overseeing all critical functions associated with the running of operations in Southern California. The ideal candidate will have ten or more years of managerial experience working in operations, art logistics, or another related field. Key to a candidate’s success is the ability to communicate effectively, lead a team, and work across various departments and work streams. They will have experience managing complex processes, foster continuous improvement, and drive projects to completion. The ideal candidate must also have experience managing a budget and reporting on KPI’s.
- Manage a team of professionals related to Operations (Warehousing, Installation, Transportation, Packing, Inventory Control etc), working cross functionally with Account Management, Facilities, Client Service, and Business Development to ensure the highest level of client satisfaction and quality of work related to operations in Southern California.
- Act as the most senior escalation point both for staff and clients in Southern California.? In conjunction with other key stakeholders, oversee the startup of developments in Southern California, working to bring them online efficiently and in compliance with standards.? Make certain all service work is efficiently scheduled and executed to standards.? Liaise with Business Development and Account Management to identify areas of growth opportunity for storage and service work. This includes lead generation, referrals, expansions, and outreach opportunities.? Communicate regularly with Marketing and Business Development to ensure alignment on key campaigns and initiatives in support of Los Angeles specifically, and more broadly.
- Assist with the annual budgeting process and track performance against budget
- Process any pertinent accounts payable and assist with A/R as needed
- With support from key stakeholders, prepare and report key performance indicators for the Southern California market.
- In conjunction with other key stakeholders, establish goals and objectives in line with Performance Management program, providing feedback and completing annual performance reviews for all direct reports and their teams.
- Recruit for open positions, ensuring a fair, transparent, and inclusive process
- Other projects as assigned by Manager
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive and solution-oriented with the ability to think creatively and drive initiatives to completion? Experience managing complex operational processes
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Superior leadership skills, with a focus on employee coaching and development
- Strong capabilities with database and information systems software
- Poise in a fast-paced business environment
- Experience working with Netsuite is valued but not required
- Experience within the arts sector is valued but not required
This position requires travel, as well as on-site presence at various locations, while also allowing the flexibility to work remotely.