4611 12th Ave, Suite 1L Brooklyn, NY 11219 US
Multi-family owner, operator, and developer is seeking a General Manager with Rent Stabilized experience
- Manage day to day operations of an apartment complex consisting of over 2,000 units and over 35 building staff employees comprised of superintendents, handymen and porters.
- Oversee operations of preventive maintenance, vendors, residential maintenance work orders, landscaping contractor and seasonal snow removal.
- Assist management team to deliver quality customer service to residents.
- Obtain and review proposals from vendors and general contractors, then present to ownership for approval.
- Work with onsite leasing team to assure vacant apartments are turned in a timely manner.
- Must be able to respond 24/7 to emergencies.
- Review work orders reports with building staff and contractors to ensure repair work is done up to company standards.
- Execute written disciplinary action to employees if needed.
- 5+ years of multi-family property management experience
- Experience managing over 1,000 units and supervising over 25 union and nonunion employees
- Knowledge of NYC codes and agencies, such as HPD and DOB
- S12, S13, P99 Certificates preferred
- Knowledge of low pressure steam boilers, basic plumbing, electrical and carpentry skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Yardi and Microsoft Suite