One Penn Plaza, Suite 3905 New York, NY 10119
Fund Accounting Associate
The Fund Accounting Associate is an integral member of the team responsible for administering pooled investment vehicles. This person must be a very collaborative, team-oriented, and energetic individual willing to provide the highest level of client service. The right candidate is a self-starter with a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial mind-set who enjoys working in a small-firm environment and is adaptable, able to multi-task and willing to perform multiple roles when necessary.
- Member of group that tracks performance, performs accounting functions related to monthly estimated NAVs and final NAVs, and maintains partnership allocations
- Produce timely and accurate NAV estimates and finals
- Preparation of books and records of the pooled investment vehicles
- Work with external accountants to facilitate the completion of the year end audited financial statements, Schedule K-1, and tax returns for the pooled investment vehicles
- Preparation of financial statements for Hedge Fund of Funds, Private Equity Fund of Funds, Direct trading funds and a Series LLC.
- Assist in regulatory, federal and state compliance filings and matters.
- Communicate with alternative investment managers, custodians and other service providers.
- Coordination and liaison with the independent auditor and tax preparer.
- Liaise with client service teams
- Bachelor' s Degree in Accounting
- 2-5 years of experience in auditing or administration in the hedge fund and/or private equity fields
- Broad exposure to partnership allocations, pricing of investments, capital calls and distributions from funds of private equity
- Familiarity with partnership tax returns and K-1’ s a plus
- Willingness and ability to work in a team based environment
- Highly self-motivated, extremely ethical, and mature
- Ability to work with a fair degree of autonomy and demonstrate initiative and sense of personal accountability