509 NW 5th St Blue Springs, MO 64014 US
The Controller will manage day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. Our rapidly growing company manages all aspects of the construction process including site assessment, scope development and construction work engagement. To support continued growth, the Controller will implement new processes and contribute continuous improvement to existing processes.
The Controller will work, research and analyze financial data, problem-solve, and prepare information for presentation to the executive leadership team.
The ideal candidate for this position is reliable and committed to consistently meeting deadlines. Construction Accounting required. Must be organized and detail oriented for all aspects of office administration.
- Perform accounts payable/accounts receivable functions
- Prepare job cost reports, lien releases
- Prepare AIA requisitions and provide support
- Download activity and reconcile bank and credit cards
- Ensure timely bill payment
- Collect and input employee timesheets
- Process payroll internally
- Obtain and distribute COI’s
- Primary responsibility is to prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to a monthly close schedule
- Analyze revenues and expenses to ensure these are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Analyze financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances
- Assist with preparing tax returns and corporate reporting requirements
- Documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate the organization’s fiscal and risk functions and performance.
- Develop and provide projections of revenue and cash flow to management teams to meet operational needs.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of systems supporting financial reporting, payroll and banking systems.
- Oversee projections of backlog and associated revenue and profit projections.
- Ensure controls are in place to safeguard company assets and ensure integrity of financial data.
- Review and analyze financial statements relative to budget and contractual agreements.
- Management of Federal and State tax notices
- Lead the annual renewal process of all insurance and service provider contracts.
- Coordinate annual outside CPA audit of financial statements.
- Assist with the annual budget process for operating companies
- Maintain professional relationships with vendors, subcontractors, financial institutions and other company personnel.
- Review construction requisitions monthly for accuracy.
- Prepare account analysis and reconciliations with supporting documents.
- Manage the daily cash flow for weekly management meetings.
- Approve bank reconciliations monthly.
- Review subcontractor reconciliations as needed
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Must have 4 year BS College Degree
- General office administrative work
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- Excellent understanding of Cost Accounting
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, well organized, self-starter and be able to work well on his/her own