One Penn Plaza, Suite 3905 New York, NY 10119
- Manage and prepare monthly bank reconciliations for the assigned portfolio of buildings while also posting the interest on the buildings' reserve accounts.
- Responsible for input of all general ledger journal entries such as bank transfer, interest income, expense reclassifications, reserve contributions, etc.
- Prepare and present monthly financial statements and make any necessary financial adjustments that is deemed necessary while also preparing the monthly financial packages, including a table of contents and any other special reports as requested.
- Review the actual to budget performance variances and record the cash transfers that need to occur between entities.
- Create and maintain the necessary reclassification of journal entries.
- Prepare the monthly accounts payable cash management sheets in order to help the property managers properly manage the buildings' cash flows.
- Ensure that the real estate taxes on each building are paid accordingly in the appropriate period and that enough funds are escrowed in order to make the necessary transfers.
- Oversee of all the annual budgets including, preparation of the budget packages, obtain pre-budget and post-budget check lists from the property managers, prepare the budgets no later than the assigned deadline dates, and presentation of the budgets at the annual board meetings for each building.
- Record the cash transfers that need to occur between all entities.
- Initiate transfers of the capital contribution receipts to each of the segregated savings accounts.
- Level the assessment of the budget transfers.
- Maintain and update accurate accounting of the refundable deposits.
- Year-end close on each of the buildings' financial accounts and include the annual reports in the year-end financials
- Produce the year-end refundable deposit schedule based upon the request from the auditor as needed while also overseeing the annual audit process for the entire portfolio including accommodating the auditor' s needs and requests in a timely manner.
- Analysis of the reserve funding statuses based on the request from the Property Manager on each building in the portfolio.
- Reallocate the reserves as per the Board approved reserve study.
- Bachelor' s degree in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university
- CPA certification, MBA or related work experience is preferred.
- Five (5) plus years of experience as an Accountant in the property management industry or real estate fields a plus, residential management is preferred.
- Previous experience with financial and accounting programs such as BJ Murray and/or Yardi is a plus
- Knowledge of assets, cash balance, and availability of funds for projects and cash flow management for capital improvements.
- Excellent organization, motivation, leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook