3 Times Square, 12th Floor New York, NY 10036
A newly formed family office in NYC is seeking a Finance Manager to oversee all finance, accounting, and reporting activities for the family office. As one of the first hires for the family office, this is a critically important role, and you will be instrumental in helping to shape the office. You will also work closely with the principal’ s tax and legal counsel and the investment team to execute the strategic vision for the office.
The principal is a dynamic entrepreneur who created an iconic brand and built a highly successful enterprise with a very significant value. The primary mission of the family office is to serve the financial/accounting, tax, investment, real estate, fiduciary and administrative interests of this first-generation family and its related entities.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the family office including financial planning, budgeting, reporting, audit, tax, accounting, and cash flow analysis.
- Review and oversee monthly closing of financial records, account reconciliations, and posting of month-end information; ensure accuracy of financial statements.
- Review and oversee quarterly and year-end financial reporting and provide insightful analysis of reports; work with the investment managers to ensure data is recorded properly for performance calculations.
- Assist with the long-term financial planning for the family.
- Provide the principal(s) updates about investments, taxes, trust and estates, and other related matters.
- Review and maintain tax records to facilitate preparation of tax returns by accountants for various individuals, family partnerships, LLC’ s, trusts, and charitable entities.
- Monitor family members’ tax compliance and tax status. Respond to IRS notices.
- Assist in researching tax issues and in developing tax strategies. Resolve complex tax-related issues and problems and team closely with outside tax advisors.
- Set schedules and standardize formats for financial reports.
- Review payments including wires, ACH payments, and checks for investment calls/subscriptions, redemptions, real estate/household income/disbursements, loan payments and trust distributions and annuity payments.
- Assist in developing and implementing appropriate controls.
- Oversee and manage the calendar of current and/or recurring payments.
- Partner with the President and other key resources to build the infrastructure of a family office.
- Review and oversee administration of monthly payroll for team members, including 401(k) and bi-weekly payroll for household staff.
- Manage benefit plans and providers for team members. o Manage and administer the office’ s insurance program.
- Oversee and partner with other team members to identify, and implement systems and workflows for the family office.
- 8-12 years of overall work experience. Experience in a family office, investment firm or privately-held business strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’ s degree in a finance/accounting from an accredited university.
- CPA Designation and/or other advanced degrees and certifications strongly preferred.
- Proficient technology skills, including experience in Microsoft Office and Quickbooks.
- Professionalism and discretion.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- An ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- A team player attitude, entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to pitch in where help is needed.
- Continuously seeking to learn and improve.
- Able to work alone or as part of a team in a fast-paced environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- A loyal, dedicated and committed team member.
- Someone who has strong self-management, initiative, and sense of responsibility.
- Someone with high integrity, ethics and values.
- Diplomatic, tactful and discrete concerning confidential information.