The Quest Organization https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/62493/logos/questorg-hml.png http://www.questorg.com http://www.questorg.com USD 85000 YEAR true
Director of Accounting/Finance
1881 Worcester Road, Suite 200 Framingham, MA 01701 US
Posted: 02/23/2023 2023-02-23 2023-06-28 Industry: Accounting Manager, Property Manager Job Number: 4554 Pay Rate: 85,000
Director of Accounting/Finance A dynamic and fast growing commercial real estate investment, development and property management firm is seeking a Director of Accounting/Finance.
- Lead and execute full-cycle accounting activities including review of all journal entries, bank reconciliations, variance reports and supporting documentation.
- Review and provide feedback of monthly financial reporting packages including monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and property-level transactions (i.e. acquisitions, dispositions, loan placements).
- Work closely with Property Management team to complete comprehensive monthly management reports, complete detailed financial statement reviews, investigate and explain budget variances and complete additional financial analysis as needed.
- Assist with hiring, training and effectively lead and develop team members. Provide regular feedback, assist with providing clear priorities and track annual goals.
- Oversee and provide support to third-party accounting and lease administration teams.
- Review and provide support on annual CAM reconciliations, lease administration and maintain accurate and up to date rent rolls.
- Assist with AppFolio database maintenance and upkeep as well as testing new functionality and implementation of new modules.
- Assist with accounts payable functions including but not limited to verifying invoices, expense reports, check requests, and purchase requisitions.
- Monitor daily cash management functions; review and bill recurring tenant charges; maintain accurate tenant ledgers and handling tenant inquiries.
- Assist with tracking daily cash balances, posting transactions into accounting system daily, ensuring balances in accounting system agree to reconciled bank balances daily.
- Assist with the annual preparation of property and corporate budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Assist with the preparation and issuance of loan reporting requirements, recording of loan accruals/payments, tracking critical loan and interest rate derivate dates, complete loan draws and funding requests.
- Support third party CPA for annual audit, report preparation and tax preparation needs, including analysis, providing documents and other ad-hoc requests.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of policy and procedures for critical processes. Assist with the implementation of an annual financial statement risk assessment and control evaluation. Identify opportunities for continues improvement, automation, and error prevention.
- Support other teams with needs as required, including property management, leasing, construction, and administrative
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of commercial real estate accounting experience
- Strong understanding of revenue recognition, CAM reconciliations, debt accounting, fixed assets/job costs, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger/closing the books.
- Experience with AppFolio a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft suite, including PowerPoint, Word and Outlook. Strong Excel skills, including advanced formulas
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.