Corporate Controller - Finance/Operations
Hartford, CT 06070
Corporate Controller- Finance/Operations
Candidate must have extensive US GAAP accounting knowledge and able to take on increasing responsibility in supervising others, as well as direct participation in projects within a complex consolidated management company reporting group.
- General Ledger activity by reviewing and preparing complex journal entries, supporting schedules, cash account daily bank account reconciliations, quarterly and monthly distributions and wire preparation
- reviewing and preparing consolidation schedules and monthly and quarterly basis schedules, materials requested by parent co. on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- oversight and/or preparation of detailed excel files (accruals, receivables, etc.), including complex allocations and intercompany reconciliations, reimbursable expense payments to management companies from funds and record quarterly advisory fee payments
- oversight and preparation of annual consolidated financial statements and select standalone financial statements.
- prepare materials and support management in the annual budget preparation process and multi-year projections
- prepare monthly fluctuation analyses against prior month for balance sheet and income statement activity on a consolidated basis
- plan, oversee, and actively manage the systems integration to Oracle including acting as a point of contact for consultants and actively directing the systems implementation as well as identifying opportunities and implementing enhancements to current work flow
- provides coaching and guidance to other members of the Corporate team including review of a corporate manager’ s and accountant’ s projects
- manage external auditors on a planning, interim and annual basis for the audit of consolidated statements as well as coordinating workflow with the parent company
- support VP of Finance and senior management in special projects
- ensure a Sarbanes Oxley controls environment
- manage finance matters including lines of credit and office space
- review complex expense reports
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting
- Advanced designation is required: CPA highly preferred, MBA or MS a plus
- Microsoft Office experience required
- Sage and Oracle experience a plus
- 12+ years progressive accounting experience in a senior corporate accounting role; 3+ years of public accounting experience preferred; Big 4 experience a plus; investment management accounting experience a plus
- Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with varying levels within an organization