One Penn Plaza, Suite 3905 New York, NY 10119
The Corporate Accountant oversees the accounting functions (cash transfer and reconciliation, corporate financial reporting and payment disbursements) applicable to all divisions (corporate/hotel/residential/commercial).
Maintains the accounting and financial reporting for all corporate entities and the timely processing of financial statements and balance sheet reconciliations. Reviews contracts and agreements between the legal services/facilities management and portfolio properties.
- Reports to VP of Accounting
- Manages the offsite payables team. Timely processes all invoices in Nexus and MRI and follows best practices related to all disbursements. Ensures all bank account reconciliations are prepared for property and corporate accounts.
- Prepares or directs preparation of corporate financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets and reports.
- Ensures all transactions comply with Income Tax Basis reporting.
- Takes charge of the monthly/quarterly close process, ensuring all results are posted and thoroughly analyzed promptly and reported to executive management on a timely basis.
- Coordinates with all levels of management to gain assurance that the reports are accurate and complete, with fluctuations identified and explained.
- Develops, implements and manages efficient business processes and participates heavily in developing efficient cross-functional business processes.
- Performs various related financial duties, hands-on support, and other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Protect employer’ s privacy and data; keep passwords safe.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting and minimum 3-5 years of commercial real estate or retail accounting/finance experience.
- Advanced MS Excel Skills and MRI Expertise.
- Ability to communicate with others, identify problems and resolve potential conflicts.
- Must be able to set priorities, plan, organize and accomplish tasks, often within strict time limitations and work well independently.
- Possess excellent computer skills with an understanding of spreadsheets, word processing, database software and the internet.