One Penn Plaza, Suite 3905 New York, NY 10019
Controller – Construction/Manufacturing
- Oversee and Direct the Company accounting functions including General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, and Job Costs.
- Maintain compliance with accounting policies and internal control procedures.
- Develop and implement new policies and procedures in response to changes in GAAP and company operations.
- Prepare and Audit timely monthly and annual financial statements.
- Develop operating and capital budgets and perform forecasting and variance analysis.
- Manage Payroll and related weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual taxes and returns.
- Manage external audits including G/L liability, workers compensation, sales and use tax audits, the annual insurance renewal audit, and other on demand external audits.
- Maintain accurate and timely Cash Flows, Controls and Forecasting.
- Prepare equipment utilization, job costs, and profit analysis. Assist operations staff in reporting requirements and training.
- Audit and verify customer and Company Credit Card usage.
- Establish and setup accounting controls, budgets, and reporting for new projects.
- Prepare financial analysis and reports in response to internal examinations and queries.
- Conduct and prepare rigorous, systematic review to certify the effectiveness of the financial controls and reports accuracy.
- Respond to complicated accounting matters and develop systems and solutions.
- Direct the actions of assigned staff, assess ongoing needs, and recommend and conduct training.
- Must have extensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel (advanced level) and Word, and strong overall computer skills.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Construction/Manufacturing accounting
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or an Associate degree in accounting plus 10 years accounting experience. Experience as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) supervising staff is highly desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills required, as well as a high level of attention to accuracy and details.
- Experience working with Viewpoint Accounting Software and Quickbooks is desired.
- Ability to manage and protect confidential data, information and planning.
- Exhibit a strong sense of urgency, initiative and exceptional analytical skills.