1435 Fulton 2nd Floor, Suite C Grand Haven, MI 49417 US
Controller (Path to CFO)
The Controller will be responsible for directing the key financial aspects of the construction and property development entities, including monthly financial statements and reporting, cash planning, real estate property accounting, property sale analysis, and banker/lender relationships.
- Prepare and review monthly financial statements, including the consolidation of multiple reporting entities and construction jobs-in-progress accounting.
- Develop a reliable monthly cash flow projection that is used to support operating needs and key real estate funding business decisions.
- Manages property development loans, including interface with appraisers and bankers, providing them with the due diligence documents needed for financing.
- Real estate property accounting, including acquisition of properties, construction in process, capitalization of buildings, and the sale/disposition of properties. Record and manage bank loans in conjunction with property accounting.
- Prepare analysis of potential real estate property sales/dispositions as requested.
- Provide financial support for permanent commercial real estate loans, including refinanced loan packages.
- Work with the Outside Accountant in support of year-end reviewed financial statements and tax planning needs, including drafting financial statements and preparing footnote disclosures.
- Partner with the business and support Executive Leadership business needs, including the presentation of monthly financial statements and special project initiatives requiring detailed financial analysis.
- Supervise general accounting staff team members.
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- 10+ years of experience progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in the construction and property development industries.
- Prior public accounting experience required
- CPA preferred but not required
- Experience with multiple entity structures is required
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment with the ability to work independently on multiple projects.