1230 Pennsylvania Ave. Brooklyn, NY 11239
R.E. Mgmt. Co based in Brooklyn NY is seeking a Controller. The Controller will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Supervise accounting team, inclusive of AR, AP, Bookkeeper, Accountants
- Prepare financial reports for selected projects in the portfolio
- Review financial reports prepared by accountants including, but not limited to: Annual budgets, annual, quarterly and monthly variance reports, surplus cash computations, monthly management reports and quarterly replacement reserve balances
- Lead the budgeting process and track deliverables for each property.
- Maintain and/or update standard operating procedures and internal controls within the accounting department.
- Review monthly closing procedure and track all applicable deliverables
- Establish tracking system for recurring payables and subsidy payments
- Prepare and maintain a portfolio mortgage schedule abstract with salient terms
- Prepare a daily cash flow analysis
- Year end audit: Review draft audited financial statements prepared by auditors, Review entries proposed by auditors, discuss and compose management letters with auditors and owners, coordinate and monitor audits/work of outside CPA, develop audit schedules with auditors, site and central office staff, and owners.
- Treasurer: Liaison with banks and manage bank accounts, monitor cash flow of all managed properties, approve wire transfers, review and approve expenditures of more than $3, 000.
- Monitor filing status of IT-201LL, RPIE, Year-end audits and other governmental mandates and reports
- Manage 1099 process
- Maintain chart of accounts and financial groupings.
- Perform other administrative and accounting functions, in support of the CFO, as requested.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting required, Certification in Public Accounting required, Master’ s Degree in Business Administration or Financial Services preferred
- 10+ years of experience with progressive affordable housing knowledge
- Proficient Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites, Outlook
- Demonstrated analytical and financial modeling skills
- Proven Customer Service Skills
- Knowledge of Low Income Housing Tax Credit and Hud is required
- Effectively research, accumulate and present data verbally and in written form
- Strong communication and organizational skills (Written and Verbal)