Chief of Staff - Corporate
7601 N Sam Houston Pkwy W, Ste 100 Houston, TX 77064 US
Chief of Staff - Corporate
Our client is seeking a highly skilled Chief of Staff to be at the forefront of its expansion efforts, serving as a strategic partner to our CEO and the leadership team in driving strategic initiatives and operational excellence. The Chief of Staff will play a pivotal role in aligning tactical execution with strategic vision, fostering accountability, and facilitating effective communication across all organizational levels to propel our ambitious goals. The Chief of Staff plays a critical role, acting as the right hand to the CEO and the strategic linchpin for the organization. This position will amplify the CEO's reach and leverage, ensuring strategic initiatives and key relationships are fostered and organizational outcomes are met.
- Collaborate closely with the CEO, executive and senior leadership teams to translate organizational strategies into actionable plans and advance our strategic initiatives.
- Oversee the enterprise project management office and functional project managers to ensure enterprise alignment and integration.
- Oversee the execution of key projects, ensuring their alignment with strategic goals.
- Establish effective and efficient processes and follow-up practices that enable the executive and senior leadership team to collectively deliver on agreed upon priorities.
- Establish and monitor KPIs to enhance performance and accountability across departments.
- Coordinate, contribute, and facilitate transparent and effective communication about key priorities and initiatives, including gathering and compiling information, ensuring accuracy, and drafting correspondence between executives, senior leaders, and cross-functional teams.
- Function as an information funnel and filter for the CEO.
- Lead and manage cross-functional and distinct strategic special projects as directed by the CEO, conducting thorough research, and providing well-informed recommendations.
- Identify key agenda items for executive and senior leadership team meetings.
- Contribute and add value to internal discussions about Empower’s plans, directions, and challenges.
- Advise and assist executive and senior team leaders in setting long-term goals, developing action plans, and navigating issues of concern.
- Provide leaders with well-researched data and insights to facilitate effective decision-making.
- Help to prepare the CEO for appearances, media opportunities, and key meetings.
- Maintain exceptional understanding of and stay up to date with the broader healthcare and compounding pharmacy industry, regulatory concerns, and macroeconomic landscape.
- Contribute to successful change management initiatives.
- Function as a liaison between leadership and stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Exercise exceptional discretion with confidential information.
- Manage recurrent leadership meetings and governance processes.
- Attend and facilitate complex, cross-departmental discussions.
- Serve as a thought partner and coach to the CEO.
- Possess strong intuition about organizational dynamics and anticipate needs.
- Manage the enterprise strategic planning and budgeting process.
- Help manage the CEO's communications, brand, and relationships.
- Serve as an information filter, applying critical analysis and coaching to subordinate teams.
- Keep track of decisions, action items, owners, and timelines in meetings.
- Understand formal and informal power structures within the organization.
- Be keenly attuned to team dynamics and stakeholder agendas.
- Prepare the CEO for any known issues and deadlines, especially during travel.
- Manage or oversee work with no clear departmental owner.
- Ensure that the business functions in the CEO's absence.
- Create a framework for decision-making in the CEO's absence.
- Set and maintain the pace and structure of various meetings, including board and leadership meetings, check-ins, and reviews.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, management, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in a strategic role, with a proven history of driving growth or managing large-scale projects.
- Previous experience in a Chief of Staff role or similar strategic leadership position is required.
- Ability to anticipate issues and the needs of the CEO.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership in a variety of settings and lead with influence.
- Minimum industry experience in the healthcare setting of no less than 5 years is preferred.
- Ability to see across the enterprise to identify connections that lead to superior results.
- Experience in responding to, navigating, and communicating about emergency situations and emerging issues.
- Comfort and effectiveness in a fast-paced, always changing environment; ability to work quickly and efficiently while maintaining quality and endurance.
- Excellent professional judgment and ability to maintain the highest standards and level of confidentiality.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence, diplomacy, and ability to build effective relationships and trust at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities, meet deadlines, and advance initiatives.
- Must have flexibility to work nights and weekends.
- Proven experience in project and change management, strategic planning, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Strong understanding of business operations, process optimization, and change management principles.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to engage effectively with executives, teams, and stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to synthesize complex information.
- Highly adaptable, demonstrating agility in navigating dynamic environments and complex challenges.