Chief Financial Officer
One Penn Plaza, Suite 3905 New York, NY 10119
We are seeking a Chief Financial Officer with knowledge of the principles of financial management, clinic financial and budgetary practices, and the ability to analyze financial data and patterns, prepare financial statements, etc. Ideal candidates will possess a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making and the ability to apply these skills towards strategic business objectives and employee performance objectives.
- Interacts with management staff in developing the strategic plan and it’ s the company’ s financial planning component.
- Oversees and directs budgeting, purchasing, long-range forecasting, and insurance activities for the organization.
- Evaluates the organization' s financial position and issues periodic reports on the organization' s financial stability, liquidity, and growth.
- Develops and implements financial policies and procedures and ensures compliance.
- Assures implementation of internal controls and generally accepted accounting procedures.
- Oversees and directs the revenue department.
- Supervises the analysis of costs and makes rate recommendations to ensure appropriate income/cash flow.
- Track financial Key Performance Indicators, analyze and report trends
- Manage all financial audit activities
- Supervise the finance department day-to-day transactions
- Ensure that the organization is prepared to effectively respond financially and administratively to NY State mandated changes in the provision of health and mental health services through managed care
- Analyze and present all financial reports, including monthly and annual statements
- Prepare all financial, program and grants accounting including grant proposal budgets
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, prepare all analysis
- Lead annual budgeting process; administer and review all program financial, plans and budgets
- Prepare monthly Cash Flow statements
- All QuickBooks/bookkeeping entries including A/P, C/R
- Clearly present all financial matters to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors
- Bachelor' s Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of experience in financial/accounting management.
- Experience in Healthcare/NFP with governmental and health care fiscal regulations and reporting required.
- Experience with IRS 990
- Experience with Forms CHAR 500 & 5500
- Experience with 403(b) & 401(a) plans
- Experience in behavioral health field a plus
- Experience completing CFR