Chief Financial Officer
45 Main Street Brooklyn, New York 11201
· Primarily your typical CFO functions;
· Strong driver to improve operations / processes of Accounting and Tax functions;
· Oversee both (a) Residential Development Accounting Group (e.g., submissions of loan requisitions for construction projects, monthly Sources & Uses reports, etc.), and (b) Office Building Operations Accounting Group (e.g., monthly and quarterly operating variance reports, annual audits, etc.). Both obviously have detailed AR, AP, significant reporting requirements, etc.
· Annual Tax Projections – using actuals through August, getting the asset and project managers to update Sept – Dec projections, combining those two, sending to outside tax accountants (Reznick), who layers in depreciation and does the allocations. CFO will quarterback and drive this process to completion by late October so we know what, if any, year-end tax driven transactions we need to do.
· Make sure tax returns are completed expeditiously (and in-line with projections);
· Will be working constantly with executives, asset management team, project management team, etc., so needs to be strong communicator / have strong people skills
· Cash Management;
· Possible oversight of HR and IT.