One Penn Plaza, Suite 3905 New York, NY 10119
CFO – Real Estate Developer
- Responsible for maintaining and processing the Company’ s fiscal records and transactions in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance with Company policies
- Planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial related activities.
- Responsible for the general and construction accounting, finance, tax planning, forecasting, strategic planning, investment relationships, and interfacing with the outside auditors.
- Ensure efficient, secure, integrated financial reporting, and perform year-end financial and tax planning.
- Supervise a team and be accountable for the preparation and accuracy of profit and loss statements and projections, cash flow statements, construction draws, handling all personal financial matters and statements for the Principals, and maintaining banking relationships.
- Oversee the operational and capital budgeting process and monitor the Company’ s performance, inclusive of budget to actual variance analysis and detailed explanations.
- Manage the adequacy of insurance coverage and oversee the administration of employee benefits currently in place.
- Perform due diligence for acquisitions of properties and provide tax and financial structuring advice for acquisitions and dispositions of properties.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the real estate brokerage community to identify potential deals as well as establish relationships with additional financial institutions, family offices or other investment sources.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting
- 15+ years of public and private accounting experience, and must have extensive commercial and residential real estate development and management experience with NY properties
- Exposure to retail and student housing would be a plus.
- CPA or Law Degree is a plus
- Well-rounded individual with strong business acumen, who can hit the ground running, and whose experience has included exposure to construction accounting and reporting, investor relations, cost segregation and knowledge of flow through entity taxation.
- Strong knowledge of the structuring of deals, from an economic and tax perspective, and be aggressive in offering solutions regarding tax structuring.
- Strong technical accounting skills to ensure that all financial transactions are properly executed and documented
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency with budgeting, financial planning and financial reporting.
- Computer savvy to function as the liaison to the IT Manager, supervise the IT department, and have the ability to develop their own models using technology to improve the efficiencies of the business.
- This individual will be expected to join the Executive Committee as an active participant.
- Must be able to read commercial leases, identify ways to make the Company better at managing their properties, negotiate deals for NY buildings, and understand how to “ buy-out” partners from a deal.
- Must have the ability to deal with bankers, and cultivate relationships with existing bankers, as well as develop new banking relations and relationships with service providers.
- Must be highly organized, have the ability to “ think outside the box”, and must have the ability and superior leadership qualities necessary to run a first class financial operation.
- Must be a “ hands-on” individual who has the financial, tax, administrative and interpersonal skills necessary to oversee the accounting, administrative and human resources functions of the Company.
- Grounded, has strong oral and written communication skills and a poised, professional demeanor and polished presence.
- Ambitious, assertive, energetic, self-confident, solutions oriented, and take-charge individual that possesses a strong work ethic and the ability to work independently and effectively in a vibrant, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.