70 E 55th St New York, NY 10022
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER – REAL ESTATE
- Strategic Leadership of the Finance department, which includes all financial reporting, general accounting, cash management and treasury functions, government contract accounting, budgeting and financial planning, auditing oversight, internal controls, and consolidation of all entities/affiliates.
- Daily contact and representative to regulatory agencies, financing agencies and banks.
- Financial oversight for all managed entities.
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of all financial reporting to management, Board of Directors and outside regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for all tax compliance and related matters.
- Financial oversight of the Organization’ s portfolio of properties and their operations
- Responsible for financial administration, billing, and collection of all government contracts.
- Directly responsible for sound financial stewardship of management of the accounting and finance staff, and implementing “ best practices” for policies and practices to maximize their effectiveness and efficiency.
- Serve as a key member of the Executive Committee by participating actively and collaboratively in strategic planning, visioning and goal setting.
- Act as the senior financial management liaison regarding organizational governance including leadership in and reporting to the Principals.
- Actively participate in and provide financial leadership and advice, advising on financial implications of various business strategies and transactions, and assist in implementation of those strategies.
- Serve as the primary liaison to the outside accountants and attorneys and manage related audits of the company’ s various entities
- Coordinate with risk management staff to ensure adequate business insurance coverage, managing property and liability insurance relationships, monitoring claims, and providing financial oversight regarding any corporate litigation; provide leadership to and participate in development and implementation of the overall liability insurance function.
- Degree in accounting
- A minimum of fifteen years of experience in progressively responsible roles and currently functioning as the chief financial officer of a residential real estate development and management company.
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation is highly desirable.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a poised, professional demeanor and executive presence.
- Very well rounded individual with strong business acumen, excellent technical accounting and finance skills, with strong financial reporting, budgeting and financial planning capability.
- Highly organized, have the ability to think “ outside the box” and have the leadership qualities necessary to build a highly effective team.
- Must be a “ change agent”, someone who is highly computer literate and has the ability to evaluate existing policies, procedures and accounting systems and recommend improvements, while always keeping in mind the cost/benefit of each suggestion.
- MRI, Yardi and Real Page experience is a plus.