One Penn Plaza, Suite 3905 New York, NY 10119
A large mental health provider in New York City is seeking a Chief Financial Officer. The CFO is responsible for the overall administration, development, and program evaluation for the accounting practices of the agency.
- Serves as advisor to CEO with regard to financial operations.
- Functions as authorized signatory, as directed by the President/CEO.
- Develops, implements and updates policies and procedures for internal controls.
- Prepares and oversees annual operating budgets.
- Monitors all revenues and expenses, ensuring financial viability of programs.
- Ensures that all financial operations are in compliance with government regulations; Responds to audit requirements and develops plans of correction, as needed.
- Establishes staffing patterns and standards in consultation with the CEO and/or designees.
- Maintains contact with funding agencies, representing the agency as directed by the President/CEO.
- Supervises the Finance Department.
- Evaluates, hires and terminates employees, in consultation with the CEO.
- Manages the payroll system and processing for the agency working in conjunction with HR as relates to the human resource functions of the system.
- Supervises the reconciliation of all PCMH bank accounts at regular intervals.
- Directs the monthly close of the books and records.
- Prepares and reconciles annual CFR
- Monitors collection of funds due to PCMH.
- Handles the insurance policies and claims for the agency.
- Participates in all Board Meetings, providing needed communications.
- May be required to do any other tasks, as directed by President/CEO
- Familiarity with NYS OMH, US Dept. of HUD, NYC DOHMH, and others as needed.
- Candidate must possess a Master’ s degree or CPA and have 10 years equivalent supervisory experience in a very active finance office.
- Knowledge of both ambulatory and residential programs preferred.
- Good Microsoft Office skills required.
- Experience with MIP, Yardi Beacon, and Real Page accounting a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and ability to effectively interface with all employees, and government funding sources.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.