Dallas, Texas 75207
Chief Financial/Chief Operating Officer
Rapidly Growing Family Office
- Maintain and process the Company’ s fiscal records and transactions in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Assume day to day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial related activities of the Company and all related entities
- Oversee accounting, finance, tax planning, forecasting, payroll, technology, strategic planning, investment accounting, human resources and interfacing with all external parties.
- Ensure efficient, secure, integral financial reporting, and perform year-end financial and tax planning.
- Prepare profit and loss statements, cash flow and P&L projections, maintaining capital accounts, monthly and quarterly reports, summaries of the asset portfolio and the performance thereof, handle personal financial matters and maintaining banking and other investment relationships.
- Implementing a comprehensive budgeting process and monitoring the Company’ s performance, inclusive of budget to actual variance analysis and detailed explanations.
- Ensure that the Company & all managed assets maintain adequate insurance coverage and oversee the administration of employee benefits.
- Attend investment meetings, analyze deals, and be involved in performing due diligence for the sale of real estate properties.
- Evaluate the existing accounting and reporting systems and procedures to determine how to organize, refine, streamline and enhance the current operating procedures.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting
- A minimum of 15 years of accounting and business experience within financial services with at least 5-10 years of managerial experience within a Family Office.
- Very well rounded and highly organized with a strong business acumen, who can hit the ground running.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, investment and real estate accounting, office administration, human resources and strong analytical skills.
- Must understand how to analyze and account for the sale of real estate properties and art, and be able to take ownership of challenging projects.
- Experience with substantial art collections as well as real estate (both residential & commercial) would be a big plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to cultivate relationships with bankers, brokers, accountants, attorneys, curators and other outside parties.
- Must be a hands-on individual with strong management and leadership skills
- Must be a critical thinker, who can manage multiple tasks simultaneously and communicate effectively with management.
- Must have the ability to manage and motivate staff effectively.
- Must possess the highest level of integrity and confidentiality and have the ability to identify and assist with redeploying capital from the sale of real estate and art.
- Must be an energetic, proactive individual, who is results oriented, has a positive attitude, and the enthusiasm and desire to work in an entrepreneurial family office environment.
- Experience with tax planning and overseeing the IT functions of an organization would be a plus