One Penn Plaza, Suite 3905 New York, NY 10119
A single family office based in New York City, is seeking an Accounting Manager to join its Finance team. The role will encompass accounting and tax work across a diverse investment portfolio, as well as special projects related to the family’ s personal financial interests.
Responsibilities are expected to include:
- Bookkeeping, recordkeeping, and general ledger maintenance for various investment and family entities;
- Maintenance of investment ledgers for alternative assets that track investment details, cash flows, performance (IRR), K-1 attributes, and tax basis;
- Coordination with external administrator on trade booking and reconciliation, and quarterly NAV confirmation;
- Preparation of periodic performance reports and financial statements, including assistance with annual audit;
- Assistance with preparation of reports and materials for quarterly meetings;
- Bank reconciliations and cash management;
- Preparation of accounts payable and related documentation;
- Collaboration with tax professionals in preparation of filings for partnerships, individuals, and trusts;
- Researching accounting issues that arise from investment transactions;
- Identifying areas for process improvements and automation.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and strong analytical skills.
- Prior experience working for or with a family office, hedge fund, private equity fund, or administrator is preferred.
- CPA is a plus but not required.
- High proficiency with Excel and Word is expected; familiarity with QuickBooks is preferred.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, proactive, discreet, and trustworthy.
- Must have a strong work ethic, demonstrate the ability to work effectively as a team player and independently, and possess the flexibility necessary to engage in all functional and administrative aspects of an accounting role.