One Penn Plaza, Suite 3905 New York, NY 10119
A hospitality group with a small collection of restaurants in Montauk and Sag Harbor is seeking an Accounting Manager to join its team. The role will encompass accounting for three restaurants and the holding company.
- Bookkeeping, recordkeeping, and general ledger maintenance for four entities;
- Preparation and filing of monthly sales tax returns;
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and additional reports for management as needed;
- Collaboration with management on preparation of annual budget;
- Reconciliation of intercompany accounts;
- Bank reconciliations and cash management;
- Preparation of accounts payable and annual information return filings (1099/1096);
- Collaboration with tax professionals in preparation of annual tax return filing;
- Identifying areas for process improvements and automation.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and strong analytical skills.
- Prior experience working with or high proficiency with Excel, Word and QuickBooks is necessary.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, proactive, discreet, and trustworthy.
- Strong work ethic, demonstrate the ability to work effectively as a team player and independently, and possess the flexibility necessary to engage in all functional and administrative aspects of an accounting role.