4101 4th Ave Moline, IL 61265 US
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the financial oversight and reporting for the entire manufacturing operation. This role requires hands-on management of daily financial activities, from making journal entries and reviewing transactions to creating monthly P&L, balance sheet, cash flow, and other reports.
- Become intimately knowledgeable about all financial aspects of the business, especially in the areas of product costing and inventory valuation, utilizing the ERP and financial reporting software that is currently deployed.
- Establish, maintain, and update processes around payroll, expense approvals, product cost adjustments, and transaction entry.
- Recommend and implement improvements to the financial recording and tracking of the business, utilizing the current software or recommending additional software based on needs.
- Participate on the Management team, reporting on key performance data and project status to other managers.
- Collaborate with other managers on all capital projects, overseeing the tracking of expenditures, projections of total costs, and identifying sources of funds.
Job Duties and Tasks:
- Oversight of the daily entry of financial transactions, account reconciliation, and all core financial activities of the organization.
- Management of the general ledger and chart of accounts, ensuring accurate and consistent categorization of all transactions.
- Office management and oversight, including supervision of three employees.
- Management of financial reporting software, including making recommendations for changes, improvements, and training opportunities.
- Administration of all insurance plans including property, liability, and worker’s compensation, and administration of all benefit plans, including 401(k) and medical insurance.
- Communication with insurance carriers regarding workers compensation activities.
- Management of the banking relationship, including administration of accounts, loans, and line of credit.
- Preparation of monthly financial reports and Executive Summary that is presented to the Board of Directors.
- Creation of budgets, projections, and other financial reports.
- Preparation for and participation in quarterly board meetings and the annual shareholder meeting.
- Maintenance of share ownership documentation and shareholder communication.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Skills / Abilities - Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting; CPA preferred.
- ?Experience in a manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
- Strong cost accounting knowledge, particularly in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with ERP and financial reporting software; ability to learn new software packages as necessary.
- Strong communication, both written and verbal.
- Supervisory experience in an office setting.?
- Ability to be hands-on, accomplishing tasks in addition to delegating activities.