363 Lafayette St New York, NY 10012 US
This Accountant will report to the head of finance and operations and will be responsible for auditing/reconciling numerous entities as well as reviewing/reconciling detailed account balances for both financial and tax purposes. This position will also interact on a regular basis with the finance team. There will be occasional cross-collaboration within the entire accounting department.
- Record and review all daily transactions into accounting software, ensuring that all investment/banking transactions are properly captured.
- Issue and post bills, receipts, and invoices for multiple properties.
- Bank reconciliations; monitoring all bank accounts and booking of cash transactions, liaising with bank contacts.
- Reports on billing activity with clear and reliable data on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Approve billing on revenue management system; review and approve all vendor invoices.
- Monitor and approve T&E expenses.
- Receive incoming wire transfers and process outgoing wire transfers.
- Perform monthly entity audit reconciliations including detailed electronic supporting workpapers.
- Perform entity-wide daily cash reconciliations.
- Reconciling external 1099’s and K-1 to internal books and records.
- Assist/Prepare year-end entity reconciliation tax workpapers.
- Ensure all transactions have been recorded and reviewed.
- Assist/Prepare supporting schedules for annual FBAR and Report of Foreign Financial Assets Information Returns.
- Build controls and processes to allow streamlining of treasury and bill payment.
- Monitor payroll for household employees; work closely with estate managers and EAs.
- Liaise between private and business entities, tax accountants and attorneys.
- Manage cash flow and reporting.
- Ad hoc requests/special projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred.
- Family office and experience working with high-net-worth individuals required.
- CPA Preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience – preferred to have exposure to auditing and taxation.
- Familiar with partnership taxation (K-1s, 1099s, etc.).
- Experience in range of technologies – Microsoft Excel, PDF, general ledger/accounting software, portfolio management systems.
Skills & Values Required:
- Sage, QuickBooks accounting software required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize competing demands.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, problem solving, critical thinking, along with the ability to identify problems, design/articulate solutions, and implement change.
- Hands on
- Strong collaborative skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as closely with a team.
- Highly motivated, adaptable, and responsible.