One Penn Plaza, Suite 3905 New York, NY 10119
Accountant - Family Office
Manhattan family office seeks talented professional with strong accounting skills gained through experience in a similar position at a family office or the family offices services group of a public accounting firm. The family office provides a full range of accounting and tax services to a highly respected, philanthropic Family dedicated to building a multi-generational family legacy. The successful candidate will report to the Controller for this branch of the Family.
As part of the team, the Accountant will contribute to the work in keeping accounts and providing timely and accurate financial reports and analyses. These include:
- Administering banking and investment transactions.
- Processing accounts payable, including analysis of vendor invoices, preparation of checks and wire transfers
- Reconciling bank statements and custodian statements.
- Processing household payrolls.
- Monitoring cash and investment portfolios; preparing schedules and reports.
- Support the Controller in the preparation of financial information for quarterly and annual tax filings
- Maintain tax basis schedules of LP investments.
- Payroll tax: review calculations and prepare quarterly and annual returns and forms.
- Regularly and effectively communicate workflow and projects’ status to Controller.
- Manage vendor relationships and organization of general files.
- Stay alert to issues or areas of concern and communicates to the Controller and Executive Director.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of procedures to ensure effectiveness and internal controls.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting; 5-7 years' experience in a family office or the accounting services group of a regional public accounting firm, with a focus on high net worth clients.
- Knowledge of individual, partnership, and/or trust taxation a plus.
- Able to multitask, handle competing priorities and establish deadlines
- Mature, confident, excellent judgment, flexibility.
- Strong organization skills and a fine level of detail.
- Willingness to roll up one’ s sleeves and do what needs to get done.
- Transparent, clear communicator, diplomatic.
- Highest degree of integrity and discretion, sense of humor.
- Proficient in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook). Experience with Microsoft Dynamics-NAV and/or Jet Reports a plus.