AVP, Asset Management
One Penn Plaza, Suite 3905 New York, NY 10119
AVP, Asset Management
The Asset Manager would be responsible for the development, analysis, and interpretation of financial and accounting data to evaluate operating results in terms of profitability, performance, and business plans as well as other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operational efficiency of the assets. This position entails a focus on the long-term strategic real estate financial planning and performance monitoring of individual assets and portfolios. The Asset Manager will report to the EVP – Head of Asset Management & Special Situations and is based in New York City.
- Business Plan/Budget/Reforecast - Preparation & Presentation (Internal & External)
- Prepare, Assemble, and distribute various Annual, Quarterly and Monthly Reports
- Lease analysis and financial modeling
- Loan compliance and JV compliance
- Accounts Receivable and collections
- Revenue and expense variance reporting
- Quarterly asset management reports
- Prepare, maintain and manage cash flow models for property and/or portfolio
- Evaluate and recommend value enhancement opportunities (e.g. development, re development, repositioning, etc.)
- Stay current on local market dynamics and understand its impact on how each asset is positioned in its respective market
- Interface and communicate with outside parties, partners, investors, lenders
- Risk mitigation through identification of unexpected trends.
- Management and execution of portfolio or property level loan draws and required partner draws.
- Asset Integration – Participation in the closing process and assist with the transitioning of new acquisitions into the RXR portfolio and systems, interacting with other departments.
- Investments & Strategic Initiatives - participate during the due diligence phase of the acquisition process and analysis, assist in the coordination of recapitalizations, debt refinancing, restructurings and asset dispositions.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in finance, real estate, accounting, or related field
- A minimum of 5 to 8 years of prior Asset Management experience required
- Understanding of real estate fundamentals, financing principles, and capital structures
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ARGUS required
- Yardi and Kardin experience a plus but not required
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Ability to multi-task effectively